FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do you hear the cruise lines are offering to keep safe?
Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:03 pm
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Randyk47
Sounds like us. I’ve been wearing masks and exam gloves to the grocery, hardware, and liquor store and I do those trips as quickly as I can. We’ve done curbside or home delivery dinners probably 20+ times but it’s not like eating out. We now know our FedEx and UPS delivery folks as 99% of our shopping is done on line. Mrs K goes into her regular work office once a week but only because on Monday they do a secure VTC that she can’t connect to at home. In something like a potential 230 +/- working days since they basically closed her building she’s been in maybe 30 times. The worse exposure has been both of us had to have multi-step dental procedures which was doubling uncomfortable because of the exposure risk.
Dental exposure: That was terrifying. In fact, before going in, I called the dentist's office and apologetically asked to interview the hygienist was going to work over me for an hour. I figured that all medical people want to take my temperature and ask me about my personal life, so I politely turned it around. She was really great in allowing me to ask, and put me at ease about how she and her family keep socially distanced from others. Made me feel comfortable enough to come in. Then, I saw her double-masked and face-shielded. Six days later, I was feeling a lot better when no symptoms emerged.

These are strange times.