FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Holiday Change in Flight Consequences
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2020, 12:43 pm
steveggetit

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
BA Holiday Change in Flight Consequences

Help. Expertise wanted ....

Am going on a BA Holiday to the Carribean in early November.

Booked a great Accomodation/Flight Deal at the time and now all paid UP!

BUT BA have now cancelled my flight home on 19 Nov & now are flying me home 20 Nov.

My original departure date is the same 8 Nov unchanged but I am now in resort 12 nights not 11 nights

BA are saying they now to reprice and for my resort and accomodation they want circa £ 900 extra for that one night. Essentially the special offer i booked on is now no longer and its full whack! Its a good resort & premium Beachfront room as all in for my Lady!

My options are

1) The Lady in BA Newcastle ( lovely Lass ) is contacting resort to see if they will accomodate a 12 nite for same 11 nite price.
2) Alternately my fall back is they honour the 11 nites but get BA and the hotel to accept a day later departure,
3) Alternately I simply accept all this and stump up an extra night in Antigua. Aint cheap though depending where I go. Can slum it if needed circa £ 200 so not the end of the world really and an extra night somewhere else on bright side.
4) Alternately I get annoyed and cancel everything for a blinking refund credit and go another time somewhere else. Dont want this as its been on the Calendar as my Lifesaver during COVID

I don't think Rule 461 applies as BA cancelled return within the 2 week window BUT its a flight/Holiday accomodation deal so surprised now that their position is you have to REPRICE and pay differential yourself in a BA Holiday arrangement.

BA don't seem to be honouring that I have paid in full and expect to go on Hols under the original committment made!

Am I being naive?

Steve

The extra night is not huge if I stay somewhere cheap but its the principle that is hurting here.

BA in Newcastle Call Centre are great but they dont seem to be bending anything in my favour

This is an expensive deal for me in a 5 star resort and its leaving a sour taste.

Certainlly wont be sharing my CC statement to the Mrs if I have to fork out.

Recommendations?