FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How I would transform BA short-haul
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2020, 10:30 am
AJA_

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
I don't really have a problem with the BA set up pre-covid. I am fortunate enough to afford to travel in Club so can't really comment on the service or seat at back of the plane except to say with Silver status I would still have lounge access which is great. The Club Europe service with the lounge access and premium check-in, baggage policy and the Club cabin with pre-covid inflight catering, an empty seat in between two passengers, ideally with the return of the table was pretty good for most European flights. The only time I would like to have a more comfortable seat akin to the Bangkok Airways seat (pic attached) would be for the longer short-haul services eg to Cyrpus, Tenerife, Athens, Istanbul and now it appears Cairo and Moscow ie flights over 4 hours in duration. If BA could operate at least one return flight on each of these sectors using a 787 or A350 or even an Aer Lingus style A321LR then I would be happy. I think BA could even charge a bit more for CE on those flights versus a lower CE fare for the traditional A320 CE layout.
Attached Images