FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How I would transform BA short-haul
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2020, 10:22 am
Akoz

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by opus99
i genuinely think this makes sense. And that is what I would use that max order to do with vueling out of LGW. Take out those slim seats and put in proper ones. Bring back that table in CE at least and some type of free food. I think you can offer a good service and be profitable in the billions I think if you we want BA to stop trying to be everything to everybody it has to take off the gas from trying to compete with The LCCs without the group losing market share.
I cant see this working. If BA do not attempt to compete with the LCC the group WILL loose market share. The group would need to spend tens of millions to publicise Vueling from LGW and even then much would go to EZY regardless. Plus the LGW fares keep the LHR fares honest. If BA thinks they could ditch LGW and increase fares from LHR then even more of the price sensitive people down the back go LCC to LTN, LGW & STN and the BA network gets smaller as a result, further reducing the attractiveness of BA.

I have no problem with the LCC approach to Economy - it is basically what the marked demands, but fills planes and helps increase network size and frequency. But BA should be focusing on a better service for people that want to pay more and this is what WT+, CE, CW & F should be for.

Last edited by Akoz; Oct 12, 2020 at 10:28 am