FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Email survey: Is it just a sales pitch for credit card?
Old Oct 8, 2020, 9:59 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Email survey: Is it just a sales pitch for credit card?

I received an email today titled "Your Input Is Requested"
The Choice Privileges® Rewards Program values your opinion in helping us continue to improve the products and services we offer. We have commissioned Phoenix Marketing International, an independent global market research agency, to conduct this research study in order to better understand the types of products and services customers like you may be interested in.
The questions were sex, age, do you make your household's financial decisions, credit rating, then "would you open a new credit card if offered a better deal". When I said No, the survey bounced me out.

I think the survey an attempt to determine how many bonus points Choice would need to offer to attract customers. My answer would have been 150k to 200k, four to five time anything Choice has offered in the past. But the survey questions I saw looked a lot like a sales pitch.