Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Email survey: Is it just a sales pitch for credit card?

Old Oct 8, 20, 9:59 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist Lite; United Club ex-Lifetime Member

I received an email today titled "Your Input Is Requested"
The Choice Privileges® Rewards Program values your opinion in helping us continue to improve the products and services we offer. We have commissioned Phoenix Marketing International, an independent global market research agency, to conduct this research study in order to better understand the types of products and services customers like you may be interested in.
The questions were sex, age, do you make your household's financial decisions, credit rating, then "would you open a new credit card if offered a better deal". When I said No, the survey bounced me out.

I think the survey an attempt to determine how many bonus points Choice would need to offer to attract customers. My answer would have been 150k to 200k, four to five time anything Choice has offered in the past. But the survey questions I saw looked a lot like a sales pitch.
Old Oct 8, 20, 11:09 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! Feedback like yours is what keeps us looking for new ways to improve. I will make sure to share your concerns with the appropriate parties within Choice Hotels. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please let us know!

Grettel
Choice Hotels International
Old Oct 10, 20, 2:18 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Interesting... I didn't get the email survey, but the increased welcome bonus from 32,000 to 50,000 points is what led me to apply now. (I just got my approval yesterday, in fact.)
Old Oct 17, 20, 6:48 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, AA,
make clients happy: Stop the hidden fees that Ripoff Clients

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels View Post
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! Feedback like yours is what keeps us looking for new ways to improve. I will make sure to share your concerns with the appropriate parties within Choice Hotels. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please let us know!
Grettel
Grettel: It sounds nice to say "If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please let us know!" but my experience is that Choice allows bad operators to ripoff clients.

I have been in contact with 2 Choice reps in last week about overcharges. BOTH CHOICE REPS SAID IT IS NOT A CHOICE PROBLEM IF GUESTS ARE OVERCHARGED; IT IS AN OPERATOR ISSUE.

THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM THAT WILL KILL YOUR BRAND.

I booked on the Choice website, using Choice CC, am 15-year member, and then when I was ripped off twice ... Choice said its "not our problem".
Old Oct 19, 20, 12:13 pm

Hello, There! We can certainly understand your disappointment with the billing issues you encountered. My team would like to have an opportunity to look further into this situation. Could you please send us a private message through this channel with your full name, mailing address, email, and phone number along with more detailed information about the experience faced? We hope to hear from you soon! -Liz.
Old Oct 25, 20, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My email program classified it as Spam, and I looked all over the email and I couldn't find a single thing that proved it was actually from Choice. The only way they identified me was by my name, which is in my email address. All the links were Phoenix Marketing, which I never have never heard of. So I left in my spam folder, since I saw no reason to trust that it was safe to declare it as "not spam".

So is this really even a legit Choice survey???
Old Oct 26, 20, 9:55 am

Thank you so much for reaching out to us! Please know that in our Choice Hotels reward program, we have many affiliated with whom you can earn additional points. Nonetheless, we would love the opportunity to look more into this for you and make sure that the offer you receive is legit. Can you send us an email to [email protected] with the information you received along with your full name, mailing address, email, and phone number?

We would be waiting for your email.

Grettel
Old Nov 1, 20, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
My email program classified it as Spam, and I looked all over the email and I couldn't find a single thing that proved it was actually from Choice. The only way they identified me was by my name, which is in my email address. All the links were Phoenix Marketing, which I never have never heard of. So I left in my spam folder, since I saw no reason to trust that it was safe to declare it as "not spam".

So is this really even a legit Choice survey???
I forwarded my survey email to Choice and they said that it was indeed spam.

So I recommend anyone who gets it, delete it.
strickerj likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: