FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19: PL/UCs Suspended Ops; 40 UCs are now opened; All PLs open.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:58 am
Flying Machine

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I had to connect through IAD yesterday. The airport was PACKED. I walked past 2 closed United Clubs to the only Club open, and it was PACKED. No seat available that was social distant.
So I had a 15 minute hike only to be rewarded with a small bottle of water as I walked right back out for another 15 min hike back to my gate.

Not only a money grab, but failing to provide space to spread out in an environment that mask use is limited due to food and drink.

Ridiculous.
on Tuesday I arrived at D3 and was planning on departing from D 32. Based on what my friend told me a few weeks back the C7 lounge was packed as well I didn’t even take the hike. I had about an hour or so layover and you’re right the terminal was so packed I think it was even more crowded than the pre-Covid days. Thanks for your update they should definitely open up another club. The D7 (I think that’s it) and C-17 one of those should open. My CRJ 700 to PHL I thought was going out of the A gates, My original plan was to take the moon buggy and run over to AF with PP and get a glass of champagne. Only in my dreams :-)

Last edited by Flying Machine; Oct 9, 2020 at 4:56 am