FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Oct 6, 2020, 2:21 pm
YOWgary

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What does "still" mean in this context. Like you couldn't a day ago, and you still can't? Because it was certainly possible a month ago. And they didn't open any "windows" today. The only place the word "window" is used (clearance window) hasn't changed at all.
Upgrading an X fare was possible the day before yesterday, then beginning yesterday, it wasn't.

Then AC put out a press release stating very clearly that as of Oct 6, award tickets would be E-upgradeable, but now it's Oct. 6 and both the Elite Line agent and the YVR Concierge confirm that official internal policy is that no award seat will be E-upgradeable again until Nov. 8.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I generally view agent statements as a possible explanation, but unless I have independently confirmed it, I do not trust it.
I agree, but when the system can't do X, and two senior-tier agents confirm that this is policy - regardless of whether it directly contradicts what's been published - then it's hard to know what level of confirmation is going to confirm this with any more confidence.

EDIT, 30 minutes later: this shouldn't really come as any kind of surprise...

Attached Images  

Last edited by YOWgary; Oct 6, 2020 at 2:54 pm