FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:54 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary
"Oh, yeah, October 6th doesn't actually mean October 6th. They opened up the windows today, but you definitely still can't upgrade award seats at all, till Nov 8."
What does "still" mean in this context. Like you couldn't a day ago, and you still can't? Because it was certainly possible a month ago. And they didn't open any "windows" today. The only place the word "window" is used (clearance window) hasn't changed at all.

The agents don't seem to be fully up to speed. Not that they ever were. One was confident my YVR-HKG was going to be confirmed immediately (fine, it does look that way, I get the confusion). Another was confused how I had upgraded a Latitude flight 3 months out (that's always been possible).

So I'm not sure I'd trust everything (anything?) they say, especially as long as the system is broken to the point of not always allowing upgrade requests from B class.

I generally view agent statements as a possible explanation, but unless I have independently confirmed it, I do not trust it.