FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent experiences Lufthansa dog in cabin from Heathrow
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:02 pm
Hannah1712

Recent experiences Lufthansa dog in cabin from Heathrow

Has any anyone had any recent experiences flying with LH dog in cabin out of Heathrow ?

An a bit worried as due to take my King Charles cavalier on flight but just realised the my don’t fly English toy spaniels as they are a snubbed nose breed. 1. I didn’t realise an English toy spaniel was very similar to cavaliers and I’m now worrying about this. I’ve phoned Lufthansa twice to confirm my cavalier can fly in cabin and they have said yes (recorded the calls just in case) but I’m just panicking about hiccups at the airport.
2.how strict are they on weight requirements, dog is only 7kg but the new carrier might push us just over the 8kg?
3. Do the LH staff make you get the dog out at check in? Flew with my cat to FRA in 2018 and no one even checked to see if it was a cat, let alone weighted or checked the carrier she was in. Only time cat was out of the carrier was in the little room at security. Really don’t know what to expect this time around!