FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Oct 2, 2020, 9:45 pm
YOWgary

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
"Behaves like Flex" ?

X is lower than Standard.
Yes, I'm aware of where X falls in the fare chart, but for example, a 50K flying an X-fare receives free Preferred seating, which they get on a Flex fare but do not get on Standard. Similarly, a 35K gets discounted Preferred seats on an X-fare that they don't get on Standard. In practice, an X-fare is a Standard cake with Flex frosting.

Without getting lost in the minutiae of that, the larger question is, AC just published an eUp chart that splits Economy awards into Standard, Flex etc, with different eUp values for each. Given that there are an awful lot of existing Economy award tickets booked into an X-fare that's separate from both, and has characteristics of each, I'm curious how the new system will handle eUps on existing X-fares.

For example, on Oct 6th am I going to be able to eUp my flight on the 13th, or will existing X-tickets be ineligible for the new rules, or...

As usual, AC's doing a solid B- job of explaining their rules.