FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New lineup of Barclays Wyndham cards
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2020, 6:10 pm
yugi

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by ajf87
I didn't see this anywhere here or in the Wyndham sub. Apologies for TPG, I know that triggers some of you:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-wyndham-barclays-c/

These look like really good sock-drawer cards even if you don't regularly stay at Wyndham properties, in particular the earner+ and business version, and they're not terrible gas cards either. Plus they're all 0% foreign transaction fee so they're a decent backup for overseas if you're primarily Amex. With the anniversary points you can basically cover the annual fee if you go for an above-average redemption, especially the business version which only costs $20 more than the earner+ but yields twice as many anniversary points. It's also interesting that the business version has notably more lucrative perks and bonus spend than the higher-tier personal card yet they all have low MSR for the SUB. Also if I'm not mistaken you can still match from Wyndham to Caesars which means the business version which awards Wyndham Diamond can get you Caesars Diamond (no resort fees, discounted stays, etc.).

The only downside obviously is that it's Barclays.

Business card is definitely a keeper and a great gas card, will get 2.