Wiki Posts
Search

New lineup of Barclays Wyndham cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:05 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Barclays now reporting Business cards on Personal reports

Take note that there are many reports surfacing (on FT, Reddit, and a number of blogs) that Barclays has begun reporting new business accounts on personal credit reports, thus counting toward Chase's 5/24 limit.

So far this is only new cards issued in 2022, not existing cards.

EDIT: Subsequent reports suggest this was an error by Barclays and many people have reported that the accounts were automatically removed from their credit reports within a month or two.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; May 17, 2022 at 6:54 pm
Old May 17, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
Does anyone have an updated list of what counts as utilities 5x?
Old May 19, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Vip4me
Does anyone have an updated list of what counts as utilities 5x?
Anything which categorizes as UTILITIES - GAS, WATER, SANITARY, ELECTRIC
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by yugi
Ebay shipping via PayPal codes as advertisement.
Would be nice if it was all Paypal purchases!!
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Did anyone else get the invite for a virtual cooking session?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by 141park
Would be nice if it was all Paypal purchases!!
For that you can get Paypal Cashback MC and get 3% on all PP purchases.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:34 am

Does anyone know if it's possible to capture the Barclay Wyndham Business anniversary bonus (of 15,000 points) without having to pay the annual fee?

My $95 annual fee hit July 31, and it is "due" to be paid on September 13. My most recent statement ended on August 19, presumably the next one will end on September 19. In theory, the anniversary bonus of 15,000 should hit the account after September 19. Barclay allows you to get a refund on your annual fee within 60 days of it hitting your account (which should be approx September 30 in this case).

Curious to hear thoughts as to whether anyone has tried this or thinks it might work. Thanks,
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by bwin29
Does anyone know if it's possible to capture the Barclay Wyndham Business anniversary bonus (of 15,000 points) without having to pay the annual fee?

My $95 annual fee hit July 31, and it is "due" to be paid on September 13. My most recent statement ended on August 19, presumably the next one will end on September 19. In theory, the anniversary bonus of 15,000 should hit the account after September 19. Barclay allows you to get a refund on your annual fee within 60 days of it hitting your account (which should be approx September 30 in this case).

Curious to hear thoughts as to whether anyone has tried this or thinks it might work. Thanks,
I'm sure it can be done but unless your plan is to churn the card I'm not sure why you would try it.

Barclay can be very funny, I had to go to recon as I recently churned the Personal Earner Plus card with the new 60K bonus........agent thanked me for my plus 800 credit score and paying on time.............then gave me a $2k CL, lol

The reason I went to recon was because I had closed my Earner card about a month prior and was denied the card because they said I already had a Earner product.............the agent looked, saw the card was cancelled and approved me.

Years ago I was also trapped in Barclay loop where they wanted me to fax them info to prove who I was.............I couldn't get a Barclay card for years as there was no way I was faxing my SS #, etc

The Business card gives Diamond Status which can be matched to CET and 15K points ( which can be transferred Caesars ) for paying the $95 AF...............add in 8X points on gas , 5X utilities and cell phone insurance and this card is a keeper IMO so personally I won't mess with my business card, my wife also has this card.

If you want to churn for points I suggest the personal cards.................keep in my you can only have one personal card.............not one earner and one earner plus BUT you CAN churn them after you cancel.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I'm sure it can be done but unless your plan is to churn the card I'm not sure why you would try it.

Barclay can be very funny, I had to go to recon as I recently churned the Personal Earner Plus card with the new 60K bonus........agent thanked me for my plus 800 credit score and paying on time.............then gave me a $2k CL, lol

The reason I went to recon was because I had closed my Earner card about a month prior and was denied the card because they said I already had a Earner product.............the agent looked, saw the card was cancelled and approved me.

Years ago I was also trapped in Barclay loop where they wanted me to fax them info to prove who I was.............I couldn't get a Barclay card for years as there was no way I was faxing my SS #, etc

The Business card gives Diamond Status which can be matched to CET and 15K points ( which can be transferred Caesars ) for paying the $95 AF...............add in 8X points on gas , 5X utilities and cell phone insurance and this card is a keeper IMO so personally I won't mess with my business card, my wife also has this card.

If you want to churn for points I suggest the personal cards.................keep in my you can only have one personal card.............not one earner and one earner plus BUT you CAN churn them after you cancel.
I was trying to get Earner Plus, while having a Business, but was denied with the explanation that I already have a product with them.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:51 pm

I was trying to get Earner Plus, while having a Business, but was denied with the explanation that I already have a product with them.

I have never heard of a business card and personal card being considered the same product.

I have had the Wyndham Business card going on 2 years. Since then I have opened and closed a regular Wyndham earner and about 2 weeks ago opened the Wyndham Earner plus so I have had 2 Wyndham cards ( one personal, one business) open at the same time twice , my wife has also done the same.

The denial letter you recieved from Barclay said you had the same product open or an agent told you that ?

Either way I can assure you that you can have a Wyndham business card and ONE personal earner card open at the same time and you will get the SUB for each.

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 24, 2022 at 9:42 pm
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I have never heard of a business card and personal card being considered the same product.

I have had the Wyndham Business card going on 2 years. Since then I have opened and closed a regular Wyndham earner and about 2 weeks ago opened the Wyndham Earner plus so I have had 2 Wyndham cards ( one personal, one business) open at the same time twice , my wife has also done the same.

The denial letter you recieved from Barclay said you had the same product open or an agent told you that ?

Either way I can assure you that you can have a Wyndham business card and ONE personal earner card open at the same time and you will get the SUB for each.
I received a letter, which said I already have maximum number of this product with them.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 1:29 pm

I received a letter, which said I already have maximum number of this product with them.
That makes no sense, many have the Wyndham business card and a personal. My wife and I have CHURNED personal cards while having the Business open.

If you read back I received the same letter and I couldn't get my latest Earner Plus card as the Earner card I had closed a month earlier wasn't off my record at Barclay.

A few weeks ago I called Barclay, spoke to an agent who confirmed I only had the business earner open and the agent approved me on the phone for the Earner Plus.

I would call and have them check. GL
Old Nov 19, 2022, 4:17 pm

You can now add Wyndham Business card to mobile wallets, it also started working with billpay from different banks and other billpay services.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.