FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Jumping Ship from AAdvantage FFP to Alaska Mileage Plan?
Old Sep 26, 2020, 1:41 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gateH15
Does anyone know if I buy AS Club membership, will I be eligible to enter Admirals club when flying on AA (marketed and operated) flights and using my advantage FFN?
I’m currently an authorized user, but I will lose that soon so checking my options and I would prefer not to apply for a Citi card since it’s been less than 4 years since I closed my card and I won’t get a sign in bonus.
Access to lounges by paid club membership is outside of OW.
QF has paid lounge access, but that does not extend to OW airlines, other than a limited access with AA
In OW mid-top status or class of travel gets you lounge access. Except for AA ffp on USA & local region domestic trips. Expect AS will have same restrictions.
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=

Originally Posted by Antarius
OW members don't get upgrades on AA. Unless there's some special AA-AS agreement in place?
Agreed. Apparently OW may offer cross airlines upgrades in the future, but if that happens it will be expensive, like the Star Allaince system..
AA-BA-IB have a cross upgrade system, but useless for most people. Is outside of OW

Too many people are over thinking the effects of AS joining Oneworld. Its not that big a deal.