FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta to retire 717, 767-300ER and CRJ-200
Old Sep 26, 2020, 9:11 am
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I wonder if this announcement means a cancellation on the plans to put entertainment screens on the 717 since not long ago (pre-COVID), I'm pretty sure there was an announcement that the 717s would be getting seatback entertainment screens.
I would guess so. I can't see them investing in that for only four years of return, especially now.

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I'll be curious to see what DL's plans are going forward and to see if DL looks to try to leverage Boeing and Airbus against each other for perhaps an A321XLR versus 787-8 order (or if DL looks to pick up aircraft on the second hand market, such as some A330-200s) as a potential replacement option to maintain all/most of its current (pre-COVID) TATL and TPAC route map by 2025.
At some point DL will need an actual 757 replacement if they don't go with the XLR. Hopefully whatever it is, Airbus will have figured out by then how to have an actual 2L boarding door on a narrowbody.