FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 7 Days in Egypt
Thread: 7 Days in Egypt
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2020, 10:08 am
Global Adventurer

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by kierstenann
I am wondering the same thing. I am due to go to Cairo from the USA on October 6 and still uncertain if I will decide to go or not....I'm supposed to transit through Amsterdam on the way out and Paris on the way back. I'm also wondering what experiences people have had transiting in the EU to a non-EU country!!
Good luck with your plans. So far, all my plans have failed for 2020 travel. Upcoming cruises still being cancelled, Rio Carnival 2021 cancelled, Dubai Expo postponed until next October. Was planning to go to all of these. Right now, Egypt is still number one on my list for departing in January and staying at least 30 days. I found a place (Quest Labs) here in Mexico which is based out of the US, that do PCR tests for 140usd. I plan on taking the test and get the results and then immediately book a flight for the following day. The prices are about $300 more for a last minute flight but it beats being stressed out that the test results come back too late for a pre-ticketed flight or I test positive and can't go. Good luck 👍