FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will AS Provide COVID-19 Tests for Hawaii Flights (Like UA)?
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:35 am
be_rettSEA

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by WrightHI
Would you mind saying a bit more about the insurer and test logistics? I'd like to be able to visit my parents, and it's becoming clear what will be needed to return to Hawaii afterward, but what I don't know is how I might be able to get a test in Portland (or Seattle) to make sure I'm clean before seeing my aging, immune-compromised folks.

Edited to add: my health insurance is BC/BS, so should be Regence-equivalent, I think.
Your insurance should cover just about any test available at no cost to you. I've found the Pixel by Labcorp tests by mail (well, FedEx) to be helpful, especially if you're away from home where you may have a go-to testing source. Pretty quick and easy, though you may need to have at least a mild symptom and/or be in a high risk category to qualify due to limited supply (not sure they do much verification though). For me, each step in the process (ordering online to receiving the test kit, taking your sample and returning to the lab, receiving results) took about 1 day, so should be able to meet 72 hr requirements so long as you're not flying on a Mon or Tues (Fedex doesn't pickup on Sat or Sun). Test is billed to your insurance with no direct cost to you.
More info here: https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/covid-19