FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:47 am
itripreport

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
I flew DFW-BJX (Mexico)-DFW this weekend. Both on Envoy's E175, flight time of 2 hours, and onboard their Regional Business class. I had 2 completely opposite experiences on both flights.

On the DFW-BJX leg, the flight attendant stated that no service would be provided on this flight, she did not proactively offer any drinks or snacks to business class passengers.

On my return flight, I had probably what I'd consider my most detail conscious flight attendant I've ever had. During boarding, he turned on all the reading lights in first (you never see this on an E-jet). He directed every single passenger to his seat (trust me, not a single passenger passed through that door without having to say what their seat was). He also asked us to keep our FA call buttons on, since when pressed, these buttons trigger a set of blue lights throughout the cabin, which technically worked as mood lighting (especially with this being a 6AM flight), by far one of the smartest thing I've noticed a regional FA do, made the cabin just a tad-bit relaxing. He took drink orders in first prior to pushback, which he delivered, offering refills once towards the end of the 2 hour flight. As we passed 10,000ft on the descent, he passed out to the 4 of us in business one of the plastic snack bags (had no idea those were even stocked).