FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "No mask, no travel, no exceptions"
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2020, 4:28 pm
nomiiiii

Originally Posted by Xrayman
And my business decision would be the opposite of yours. Im not flying any airline that doesn’t do this. 30 flights since mid March. I’m comforted that the individual was disembarked as a statement of “we mean what we say and we say what we do”. This is not a debate or optional even if it is for perception purposes and may have no health benefit what so ever. I’m fairly confident that no one who is physically able to fly is harmed by a clothe or paper covering.

no shoes, no shirt no service is also a reasonable policy.
Yes that is fine, its your choice to pick airlines for their strong masking policy. The problem is I am unable to make the same choice currently (well, I did fly a few private flights this summer where no one wore masks on the plane, but in general unless you have gobs of money on regular commercial aviation the no-mask option does not exist).

I'm just saying that it is completely disingenuous to say that the masking policy is a good business decision when consumer choice in this area simply does not exist, specially for consumers who are flying to/from regions with very lax/non-existent mask rules otherwise on the ground, but then have to put up with this policy on every airline.

Last edited by nomiiiii; Sep 14, 2020 at 4:36 pm