FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has TK just resigned over the current situation?
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:08 am
flyertalker00973
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
Originally Posted by hfly
Well if your travels happen to coincide with the roughly 200 flights A WEEK that Swiss is currently operating, then good for you.

Please explain to me how your comped status for a year before the Covid outbreak, and the limited flying you did after receiving that comped status means anything - obviously you didn't fly that much as you would be mentioning that you are E+, right?

I am sure that the 12,000 people being fired by BA, the 22,000 by LH, etc etc, would far prefer getting a salary decrease than losing their jobs outright, wouldn't you? Also you ignored the a/c, Except for maybe 3-4 planes that TK has not extended leases on, which is normal, they have not reduced their fleet (yes planes are parked, but they are not being scrapped). Which means that they have a better prognosis for coming back eventually than the others.
So if I understand you correctly you agree that LX has a better product at the moment, but that it doesn't count because they only operate 200 flights a week?

Just to get the playing field even did you fly the same pre/post covid?

Where did I write anything about planes, LH or BA downsizing. I highlighted the fact that it is not business as usual for TK, as you made it sound like.