FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has TK just resigned over the current situation?
Old Sep 13, 2020, 6:16 pm
flyertalker00973
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
Originally Posted by hfly
As many of you can attest from my posting over the years, I am always matter of fact and truthful when it comes to TK's faults, yet will also tip my hat when they do something right. I write the following as a frequent traveler with TK for the last THIRTY YEARS, not someone who was comped status 18 months ago. (and as a traveler who has LIFETIME STATUS on EVERY MAJOR EUROPEAN CARRIER............BA- GCFL, AF/KL - PFL, LH-SFL) so here it goes............

We all know what TK's fault's are even pre-Covid. So re-hashing them here is a waste of time. Furthermore TK is really no better or worse than the other major European carriers at the moment. In many cases TK flies to some places that none of the others do, and v/v. TK's home lounge is as good or still better than many others at the moment. TK's onboard catering is lacking especially in Business Class, when comparing Economy however, if TK is serving something, that still puts them way ahead of many European carriers that serve NOTHING.

One thing that I am not seeing is TK jettison workers or aircraft. I see LH trimming their fleet by over 140 a/c including most of their larger ones (only the 748's and a few A340's will survive for example), I am seeing BA Jettison its 74's and soon A380's, and a similar amount of capacity not in the pipeline for many years.

TK management knows that catering is their big/strong thing, they really do, so here is what I think................personally I am giving all airlines until the end of the first quarter next year to get their houses in order, then I will make judgements, even if it is "still" Covid time. We still are in a situation where nothing is normal and unfortunately catering and the like are still considered non-essential issues.

You have to deliberate a bit. In what way does 30 years of extensive flying make you a better judge of the last 6 month of unprecedented times in flying then others? My guess is you don't have that many historical facts to draw on in regards to aviation industry in a pandemic? But I might be wrong in that it was not the reason for you pulling rank?

When it comes to Airlines not being better or worse I would fly LX any day over TK now.

In regards to jettison workers at TK I was of the understanding that quite a lot had a substantial decrease in salary? I'm quite sure I read it was a 1/3 for FA. But of course your right no lay off.

​​​​​​​