FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase offer of 10% back on Hyatt charge by Oct 5 2020; $25 cap
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:47 pm
Cannabear

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
I got the same email yesterday, and I also was unable to register either through the Chase app or at chase.com. First I called Chase customer service. The Chase CSR told me that he didn't have any information on such a promotion, and advised me to call World of Hyatt since the email had come from World of Hyatt, not Chase. Made sense, but I could see where this was going. Sure enough, when I called World of Hyatt, the first-level CSR told me that he didn't have any info for such a promotion and told me to call Chase. I explained that I had already called Chase, and pointed out that the offer email originated from World of Hyatt, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor asked me to forward the offer email to [email protected], so I did. This morning, shortly before 2:00 AM, I got an email from Consumer Affairs that tried to tell me I was already signed up for the promotion, and that the terms were that I'd get an extra 10% of *redeemed World of Hyatt points*, not a statement credit on my Chase account. So this morning I replied to [email protected] asking them to reexamine the offer email, because it clearly says that the 10% back would be statement credit, not bonus points. I knew about the earlier promotion, 15% of redeemed points back plus an additional 10% of redeemed points for Hyatt Chase cardholders, and I am signed up for that promotion, but this 10% back is clearly a different animal. So let's see what Consumer Affairs tells me now.

Good luck to the OP. Be ready to send a few emails.