Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Chase offer of 10% back on Hyatt charge by Oct 5 2020; $25 cap

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:00 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

I received an offer for 10% back on stays of over $100 before Oct 5 with a rebate cap of $25. I have to activate the offer on chase.com or on the Chase app. However, when I go both places, no sign of any offer is seen. Who has received this offer? Were you able to activate it?

It's possible that you can find a more appealing offer on your AMEX cards. There, I have $50 off $250 til Nov 10 with cumulative charges permitted to reach the $250 requirement.

Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I've already been targeted for and redeemed this offer twice this summer. I did receive this e-mail today, but it does not appear for me as it has in the past.

On the Chase app, after logging in, pick the Hyatt credit card and scroll all the way down in the screen that appears. You may see it under "Chase Offers".
Old Sep 10, 2020, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I saw and activated that offer a couple of weeks ago on my Chase Hyatt and CSR cards. Doubt that I will be able to use it unless we are self-evacuating from smoke/wildland fires...
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Not bad, but Chase offers are so much less generous than Amex offers. An amex hotel offer would be $100 off $500 or something similar.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
CSR and Hyatt card activated and used.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
Got one 15% off, max $38 on my Chase Hyatt. Dont know if I can use it before Oct 5.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by beachfan
Not bad, but Chase offers are so much less generous than Amex offers. An amex hotel offer would be $100 off $500 or something similar.
I've gotten the offer on my Hyatt card twice, for $50 total, so it's effectively the same as AMEX.

And Chase doesn't do nasty stuff like claw back promo bonuses a year later.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've gotten the offer on my Hyatt card twice, for $50 total, so it's effectively the same as AMEX.

can not agree more...
Old Sep 10, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver

No, one requires two stays, the other one.

However, the Chase is more valuable for a one night or less expensive hotel.

I don't get anything clawed back by Amex, so if Chase is more lenient when violating the rules, not a concern for me.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by beachfan
I don't get anything clawed back by Amex, so if Chase is more lenient when violating the rules, not a concern for me.
That's some wishful thinking right there. AMEX will claw back regardless of fault, based on retroactive revised interpretations of its own rules.

I've never had anything clawed back, but follow the AMEX forum closely enough to know it is always a risk.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Wintertiger
Got one 15% off, max $38 on my Chase Hyatt. Dont know if I can use it before Oct 5.
Got the same one, but still haven't received the cash back 15 days after my stay.

How soon after your stay posts do you get the credit? On the terms it says 14 days, I wonder if I have to call them. This was a Grand Hyatt in Japan but nowhere on the terms does it say this is limited to US only.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:46 pm

That's some wishful thinking right there. AMEX will claw back regardless of fault, based on retroactive revised interpretations of its own rules.

I've never had anything clawed back, but follow the AMEX forum closely enough to know it is always a risk.
I am not concerned, it's not wishful thinking. If they claw something back, I'm still way ahead on Amex vs. Chase. And I have many cards and spend with both banks. Feel free to hate Amex, I used to, but they have been outperforming Chase signficantly with the things that matter to me.

Last edited by beachfan; Sep 11, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
I got the same email yesterday, and I also was unable to register either through the Chase app or at chase.com. First I called Chase customer service. The Chase CSR told me that he didn't have any information on such a promotion, and advised me to call World of Hyatt since the email had come from World of Hyatt, not Chase. Made sense, but I could see where this was going. Sure enough, when I called World of Hyatt, the first-level CSR told me that he didn't have any info for such a promotion and told me to call Chase. I explained that I had already called Chase, and pointed out that the offer email originated from World of Hyatt, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor asked me to forward the offer email to [email protected], so I did. This morning, shortly before 2:00 AM, I got an email from Consumer Affairs that tried to tell me I was already signed up for the promotion, and that the terms were that I'd get an extra 10% of *redeemed World of Hyatt points*, not a statement credit on my Chase account. So this morning I replied to [email protected] asking them to reexamine the offer email, because it clearly says that the 10% back would be statement credit, not bonus points. I knew about the earlier promotion, 15% of redeemed points back plus an additional 10% of redeemed points for Hyatt Chase cardholders, and I am signed up for that promotion, but this 10% back is clearly a different animal. So let's see what Consumer Affairs tells me now.

Good luck to the OP. Be ready to send a few emails.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I have had a 10% offer back on my Chase Hyatt card and Sapphire Reserve for about a month, but did not receive this most recent email. I used my credit card at a Thompson Hotel this weekend, so waiting to see if that codes as a qualifying purchase.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 9:14 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cannabear
I got the same email yesterday, and I also was unable to register either through the Chase app or at chase.com. .
Thanks for taking one for the team. I've been unable to register, whether on the app or on chase.com. I stopped with that as I'm not yet sure I'll be staying at a Hyatt. I was afraid it would take the hoops that you have been put thru. Hopefully when it's corrected for you it will be corrected for all of us - but I doubt it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.