FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive Platinum & Platinum Pro elite benefit options survey (Sep 2020)
Old Sep 8, 2020, 12:53 pm
skunker

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by VFR
I can't tell from these replies whether people all got the same survey (1 choice at PP, 3 choices at EXP, 1 PP choice is redeemable for 1 SWU, and you can redeem 1 EXP choice for 2 SWUs a maximum of 2 times) and are just confused by the structure, or if AA actually tested different surveys where some folks got fewer SWUs.

Nobody is talking about the fact that the 35% mileage redemption discount (at least in the survey published on OMAAT) requires 2 EXP choices. Giving up 4 SWUs for 35% off an award for 2 people might be worth it if you have a big redemption planned for that year, but I'm not sure...
I picked that one every time along with the PP SWU and 1 SWU option for EXP (for a total of 3). There was also one iteration that had a 50% redemption discount that I selected and rated the highest. 50% reduction on 2 people on oneworld or even AA's ridiculous redemption rates would be huge.