FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Sweden
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2020, 3:17 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I came across this somewhat muddy PDF on entry into Denmark for "Persons resident in a country other than an EU Member State, a Schengen country or the United Kingdom”.

1. Passengers can be tested for free at CPH and will need to "isolate themselves for 48 hours after the test“ until the result is in.

2. Alternatively they "must present proof of a negative COVID-19 test carried out no more than 72 hours before entry”.

Let’s say the journey takes 24 hours, reducing the 72 hours to 48. So on one hand Denmark takes two days to return the result of its test, yet on the other hand it’s expected of your country of residence that you can’t take the test there more than two days prior to you leaving. That’s a bit tight!

Could the Swedes possibly come up with something that crazy?

https://politi.dk/en/-/media/mediefi...quirements.pdf
I had family go to visit Alaska this summer that needed a quick turn test to visit there. It was about the same travel time to get to CPH as to get to Alaska for that trip. When I first heard what they needed, I thought it sounded risky due to the very limited window of time, and yet it worked out. Apparently, Alaska didn’t really pay the details much mind. The Danish authorities may well be a very different story about checking the test result details, but I haven’t seen or asked how this is being done on arrival.

Does Sweden even have any testing requirement for visitors?

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 4, 2020 at 6:17 am