FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Sweden
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2020, 4:09 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RedChili
Yes, it appears that the kids were forcefully taken from their parents, something that I strongly dislike.

I'm not going to spend time trying to find the home's floor plan. I have no reason to do that, and I have no reason to doubt that they had at least four bedrooms.

The front door being boarded up sounds unlikely. At the same time, this is what actually happened according to the court. The only logical explanation that I can come up with is that maybe they boarded up the door initially, thinking that the pandemic would be over in a couple of weeks, and then they took away the planks when they ran out of food and realized that they had to go out and get some.
The logical explanation is that there was a way to exit and enter their home the entire time, but that saying that the kids were physically locked in by a boarded-up front door was a way to make the situation sound more "frightening" and thus pile on another excuse to cut off the parental custody in ways and justify it publicly or otherwise.

Four bedroom homes aren't all that common in Sweden. It's very rare to find Swedish homes where there are four (or more) bedrooms with at least four toilets. The kids almost certainly didn't each have a portable potty -- forget about those Swedish baja majas -- and a shower in each and every one of the bedrooms in the home.

I can't say I'm surprised that it was a foreign-origin family that got caught up first with their young kids being removed from them by the state due to the coronavirus situation in Sweden. Rather it's exactly what I expected to happen in Sweden. Let's see what comes next for others kids' parents getting in trouble for kids not showing up at school because of a child's persistent dry cough lasting for weeks or more and yet may not be due from Covid-19, not readily subject to a medical cure, and yet being told to not to show up at work/school with presumptive symptoms of Covid-19.