FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Sweden
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2020, 3:45 am
RedChili

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I know the government's parental custody breaking involves pulling the three kids from their two parents. About the home, it's a matter of the home's actual count of bedrooms, not about belief. Three or fewer bedrooms for a family of five in the home puts into doubt any kind of insinuation that the kids were locked away from each other for four months. You're free to try to get the home's floor plan, as Sweden makes it very easy to get that stuff too at the local level as well.

Also, the whole thing about the front door being boarded up with planks or whatever ignores the fact that the family needed to get food and other supplies and weren't doing that all via a window for four months.
Yes, it appears that the kids were forcefully taken from their parents, something that I strongly dislike.

I'm not going to spend time trying to find the home's floor plan. I have no reason to do that, and I have no reason to doubt that they had at least four bedrooms.

The front door being boarded up sounds unlikely. At the same time, this is what actually happened according to the court. The only logical explanation that I can come up with is that maybe they boarded up the door initially, thinking that the pandemic would be over in a couple of weeks, and then they took away the planks when they ran out of food and realized that they had to go out and get some.