FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ahoy, mileage runners! (Incl. immediate turnarounds)
Old Sep 1, 2020, 11:34 pm
kauppias

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
Oh c**p, you're right! The dates don't coincide. There's an afternoon departure from HEL, and there's a morning departure from HKG, but the dates never work, the plane stays at HKG for several days. What's the point of that?!

So no easy solution here. There doesn't even seem to be an airside hotel at HKG. That would make the midnight departures bearable.

as it is I am not sure one would be allowed to go if the trabsit is over 24hours? with the new schedule it was 26 I think? could be wrong... I could have made a day with the 24 hour airport transit It would have sucked I am sure but doable 😁

but without a double points promo I am not so sure a 24hr HKG airport trip would be for me... 2-7 hrs sure

plus if one just keeps drinking and eating on the plane the mask issue is less of a problem... I imagine J and Y is quite sparesly occupied these days?