FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ATL - BOM International booking question
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2020, 8:04 pm
Anix

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallian
Originally Posted by Love_Travel
KLM canceled several of their flights in AMS-BOM route. I booked a ticket for travel during 3rd week of Sep from ATL and the AMS-BOM segment got cancelled.. Now DL rebooked via ATL-CDG-BOM. Transit time at CDG is only 1 hour. Not sure I can make it, as after getting down at CDG, there is a security check, and there is a gate change as well. from BOM, I need to reach MAA.
When I was researching, I was getting the same 1 hour transit time. I had to play around with the dates to get to a comfortable 3 hour transit time.
I have travelled ATL-CDG-BOM multiple times. Yes 1 hour is doable but it is cutting it close. Besides that was pre-COVID.

Another interesting fact worth noting and sharing - in all of my research (using Kayak), it always showed me a AF or KLM ticket (never Delta).

I called Delta over the weekend, Walked through the AF itinerary And the awesome CSR could get me a delta ticketed itinerary at the same price.. (I wanted to use credit certificate).
Interestingly - Although my to journey is via CDG, my return journey in October is via AMS.