FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will Hawaii re-open for tourism?
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2020, 9:56 pm
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hawaii-bound
Agreed. We have been to Merriman's for the past 2 Fridays and try to get to Seafood Bar at least once a week as well. We go to CanoeHouse a bit less often because we usually go out to lunch or happy hour. You must be located on the Kohala Coast as well, glad you are supporting local. Merrimans should do okay but they will need to adjust their hours for locals. Only visitors would go out to dinner in the 7:30pm timeframe, most of the local clientele is on Hawaii time - get up early, go to bed early.
I went to the Seafood Bar 2 weeks ago and was very surprised how busy it was; I was able to grab the last table, which was outside. Food waa good and service was nice.

I've done Merriman's 1x, Canoe House 3x, Roy's 4x, Tropics Ale House 4x, Shionoas 4x, Tommy Bahamas 1x, Waikoloa Theatre 2x, Foster's Kitchen 1x, Napua 4x, Pueo's Osteria 7x, and Seafood Bar 1x in the last month. I miss Manta, KPC, Ulu, Hualalai Grille, and the great resort brunches. And the countless cultural or charity events that were held along the coast.