FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A London - NYC air bridge?
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:16 pm
Geordie405

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by districtRich
Based on current regulations you can go now and stay with your parents. You just can't leave their place to go out and do things. I did the same a few weeks ago to go visit my partner in the UK and had a nice time for a week just staying at his house together and spending time in the garden.
At the risk of getting too much off-topic, yes, you can stay with your parents. However, the whole concept of self-isolation still applies. The guidance at https://www.gov.uk/government/public...avel-to-the-uk states "The people you’re staying with do not need to stay at home, unless they travelled with you...It’s important to avoid as much contact with other people as possible in your home in order to reduce the risk of transmitting coronavirus. You should stay in a well-ventilated room with a window to the outside that can be opened, separate from other people in your home."

So, yes, I could stay with my folks but I doubt it would be much fun! I'd also be worried about being an asymptomatic carrier, and hence I wouldn't want to stay with them but rather visit and drink wine with them in the back garden. Much less risky! All that aside, I would like to be able to do other things too such as see my brothers and their families as well as friends, go for a walk on the beach or in the country etc.

To go back to the original point, though, it still seems unlikely that an air bridge between NYC and LON will be practical. When you consider that a lot of east coast cities / states are requiring visitors from out of state to self-isolate / quarantine for 14 days it seems logical to assume that any exemption would have to be solely for people in New York, otherwise flying through JFK would be touted as being the next "Dublin Dodge"