FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes allowed?
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2020, 10:06 am
jeremyBA

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
I ak in a similar position.

My flights are to Singapore on the 10th December, ret 30 December.

We do not wish to travel. If we do it will be the same time next year. They were proposed fares ( Our Business, Back First £3300 for the pair of us).

I posted a while ago on here as a change of flight date SEEMS to not incur a reprice as the rules fly mention destination / class change as leading to a reprice. I called Swiss ( months ago) and the person seemed willing to move them without reprice - but we would want to travel the following December as that of course is not for sale.

The option then is to take a voucher we dont want - and then a reprice would definatly apply.

Questions .....

1. I assume we must act before travel as if not we will be a no show - the flights are of course not released for the same dates until some days later.

2. Has anyone had any luck being moved without reprice? We could look at next November for example ( but then have this issue that if we still dont want to go we have used our free change as the poster above commented.

Sorry to ramble but it is like boxing your way out of a paper bag!

Your flight is not cancelled

1. You can rebook your flight once free of charge, regardless of the terms and conditions of the originally purchased ticket. Start of travel must be latest by 31 December 2021 and the rebooking has to be done before the original start of travel.
  2. Your ticket will remain valid and you can use it towards a future flight. Latest start of travel is 31 December 2021. If you would like to choose this option, please get in touch with us, latest by 31 January 2021. You can also change your destination and your travel class. Please note, that in these cases, an additional payment might be necessary, e.g. if you change to a higher travel class or if you rebook from a short-haul to a long-haul flight.