FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Sweden
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2020, 3:34 am
RedChili

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I am on a train so I can not post figures, but I encourage you to look into details at the testing numbers and geographical repartition for July August. You will notice a large decrease in testing.
That's correct, but look at it in context: Between March-June, they only tested people that were seriously ill. I was sick in May, and I'm pretty sure that it was covid-19, and I wanted to get tested but couldn't. From the middle of June, everybody who's sick or feeling bad could get tested. So, the apparent reason why there's a decrease in testing is that less people are sick, and less people want to get tested.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You cut of at 2015, which was still below 2020, so you don't really show how far back we have to go to get a per capita death toll in 1H that is higher than 2020. Maybe we have to go all the way back to 1869 as well?
It's just that the SCB file I've been using starts on 1 January 2015. I would have to dig deeper to find the numbers for 2014, and I'm not prepared to spend time on doing that at the moment.

However, if you take into account that 1H 2020 had one more day than 1H 2015, you actually get a slightly lower figure for 2020 compared to 2015.