FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2020, 5:02 am
porphyra

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I imagine that you are being sarcastic, but in fact we DO need another points hotel in Kyoto that isn't ridiculously overpriced. Kyoto of all places is somewhere where you don't spend a lot of time in your hotel room, so paying for a Park Hyatt or Suiran / Ritz Carlton doesn't work for many.

And apart from the new hotels in Nikko and Nara, I'm not aware of Marriott expanding in Japan.
I do mean the expansions from the last 2-3 years as well. Other than the 4 new adds in Tokyo (which I am not adding), they added five rebranded hotels at Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel (formerly Laforet Biwako), Nanki-Shirahama Marriott Hotel (formerly Laforet Nanki-Shirahama), Fuji Marriott Hotel (formerly Laforet Yamanakako), Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji (formerly Laforet Shuzenji) and Karuizawa Marriott Hotel (formerly Laforet Naka-Karuizawa), all in great locations that are not Kyoto.

Hyatt's Kanazawa adds are great but wish there would be more in the pipeline.

Marriott has the following opening soon/recently opened/converted (and given the majority of fairfields - will offer hopefully reasonable rates)
  • Fairfield Kyoto Kyotamba
  • Fairfield Gifu Seiryu Satoyama
  • Fairfield Gifu Gujo
  • Fairfield Tochigi Motegi
  • Mitsui Kyoto
  • Fairfield Mie Mihama
  • Fairfield Gifu Mino
  • Fairfield Kyoto Miyazu
  • Fairfield Osaka Namba
  • Moxy Osaka Shin Umeda
  • Fairfield Marriott Sapporo
  • Fairfield Tochigi Utsunomiya