FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targeted: Chase Amazon Prime card: earn 4% on everything
Old Aug 15, 2020, 6:08 pm
Finance_underling

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Super Mario
In some cases, it could be rewarding. In many others, it is just flashy marketing.

It is not impossible to get a card with a new signup bonus of $500+. Keep in mind you still earn rewards as you're reaching that spend threshold to get the $500. To get $500 here, you have to put $12,500 on this card. Many of us have cards that will net us 4% or more on most of the spending cateogories we have like dining, travel, etc. So how much extra would the average person REALLY make?

Now of course, you could use this to your advantage for everyday spend that does not have a bonus and some other ways. Just because this offer is different than we have seen before, it doesn't necessarily make it the best ever. I would give the title of the best ever to the original Chase Sapphire Reserve 100,000 point offer. Oh how I could kick myself for missing that one.
I was speaking about offers in the context of this thread (ie. an offer to existing cardholders) not sign-up bonuses.