FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Handling of returning Canadian travelers in the COVID era
Old Aug 13, 2020, 7:35 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Siempre Viajando
If you choose not to travel and get along fine without it, I respect that and I bet that WildcatYXU does as well. It's your call. But as long as we're traveling in full conformance with the risk management system the Gov't of Canada has put into place, it's NOT ok for you to call us out for being irresponsible. We aren't....
But are you really, though? 🤷🏼‍♀️ You had a letter written stating your travel was essential. Not to Canada or the Canadian people, but to your company and to you personally. As you said, you are feeding your family. I said it before, I think we all know what ‘essential‘ means and a regular business trip that is not part of an essential service is not it. You had to (politely) cajole and convince the CBSA agent to let you scam out of quarantine.

It does sound like WildcatYXU does fit that bill. He stated he works in critical infrastructure in a business that is part of the supply chain to Canada. That is exactly what the exemption is meant for. Not because you want to keep collecting your paycheck to support yourself.