FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reclaiming Transferred Chase Points
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2020, 8:12 am
OptionsCLE

Originally Posted by LaxJumbo
I transferred significant points to Krisflyer and reserved a variety of flights to Asia long before COVID appeared. I originally moved the flights, and now Singapore Air has cancelled all of my flights, which were set for October.
  • I contacted Singapore Air and they indicated it would take 6 weeks just to get the points refunded to my account. It will also take this much time to get my taxes and fees refunded to me. I do not under why the points are not refunded immediately.
  • I expect that the answer is no, but is there anyway to get those points returned to Chase as Ultimate Rewards? I know that Chase makes clear that once the points are transferred, they are transferred, but was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting the points back in view of COVID and the pandemic.
Thanks for any advice you might provide regarding this situation.

I believe the official answer is that points transfers are one-way and irreversible, but I was able to do what you're asking with my Amex points. You'll have to call Chase and explain the situation (SQ canceled the flights, can't accommodate you on other service, etc.) Just wait until after the points are back in your SQ account. Amex sent my request to the Membership Rewards back office and was able to process the reversal in about 3 days. Very easy. Again, this is technically "impossible" per the program rules, so it may depend on how valuable a customer you are to Chase.