FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Air Canada Aeroplan Program
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2020, 4:51 am
The Lev
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Fiordland
In principle we should never see increases in the award chart. It should not be subject to inflation since the cost of earn points goes up with inflation. That said, this a complete revamp.
I don't understand why people accept the "need" for airlines and hotel companies to devalue their reward charts because of "inflation". As you point out pretty much by definition the value of a reward flight/room goes up or down at the same rate as a paid one - i.e. the value of a flight may be higher, but I've been paying more for the miles I earn. Unfortunately as we move to a revenue-based model, there is a better excuse for regular devaluations because the link is lost.

Originally Posted by camelari
does the family account will only allow sharing miles for redemption or will it allow family AQD and AQM to also be pooled to get status as a family ?
It only shares for redemptions (and takes proportionally fro meach account so you can't designate who the points are taken from). Apparently all family members will benefit from the highest status of any family member when it comes to booking - so if there is an SE in the family and SE's are offered some kind of booking advantage, that booking advantage is open to everyone in the family circle... in practice probably means that if SE can cancel for free, all family members can also cancel for free.