FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AWAY brand luggage
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2020, 2:15 pm
RoyMan

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Ok here are some 2 years 3 months of use photos with my Aluminum bag. As I stated before in multiple posts above this thing is holding up amazing and I think the construction is great...especially for the price. Similar to rimowas with alot of use they get dents and scratches. I personally like the used/worn look but its not for everyone. I have flown easily over 200 flight segments with this bag (I am a 1k with United). Mostly domestic US and probably 2-3 international trips a year as well. About a third or more of the domestic flights are on regional jets where I have had to gate check the bag. I only took exterior pics as the interior looks brand new. I am not easy on this bag by any means with how much I use it or where I go...frequently have to walk with it on city streets/etc to get to/from train stations...tossed into car trunks, train/bus overhead bins, and of course tons of planes. The back (where most of the stickers are) gets scratched more than the front as that is where it touches overhead bins and such...you can see some of that inbetween the sticker bombing I did.

The only issue I had with the bag was one of the locks wasn't functioning correctly right after I purchased it (likely a manufacturing issue) Their customer service was great and had it back to me super fast inbetween some work trips. I detailed this in an earlier post.

Here is a $20 off away refer a friend link if you want to pick one up - http://refer.awaytravel.com/v/roy_5

Last edited by RoyMan; Aug 7, 2020 at 2:20 pm