FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge in FRA
Thread: Lounge in FRA
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2020, 2:55 pm
flyertalker28120
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
Perhaps if you mentioned the names of the airlines you would receive more helpful reples.
I was trying to be concrete.

I mentioned there is currently no lounge if you're flying BA. I also mentioned to the OP that the PP lounge in T1 can be a questionable option if used as intended (as a departure lounge) because it's landside and distances in FRA can be long.

Now, oliver2002 made a comment based on which I hoped he has some insights for us. He posted

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The few T2 airlines operating from T1 have made arrangements with LH to use their lounges whereever required. [my highlighting]
Thus, he stated the few airlines which temporarily have been moved from T2 to T1 have made arrangement for LH lounge access.

I then listed a number of airlines which have been moved from T2 to T1: AA, BA, DL, AY, KL, SU, EK, JL, and FI.

Now, I'm not aware that any of these airlines has made arrangements with LH to use their lounges. Again, I know BA has not. By the end of the week, I will know whether KL has (I strongly doubt it).

I guess I shouldn't have stated the claim is cryptic. More to the point, it is wrong. Certainly, the airlines moved (as in all the airlines moved) have no agreement with LH on lounge access. But perhaps a proper subset of them does.