Lounge in FRA

Old Jul 30, 20, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Silver, Marriot Silver Elite
Lounge in FRA

Hello,

When will other Lounges (non-Lufthansa ones) open at the Frankfurt Airport? On website of Munich Airport there is announcement that Europa Lounge have opened yesterday. It would be nice to have a lounge for PriorityPass / LoungeKey cardholders, specially because now there is less flights and longer transit times.

Regards
DC10
Old Jul 31, 20, 12:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
FRA T2 remains closed, so there is no incentive for the contract lounge to open there. The few T2 airlines operating from T1 have made arrangements with LH to use their lounges whereever required.
Old Jul 31, 20, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
The few T2 airlines operating from T1 have made arrangements with LH to use their lounges whereever required.
oliver2002,

As of next weeks, there are a bunch of "T2 airlines" that are operating flights ex FRA: AA, BA, DL, AY, KL, SU, EK, JL, and FI come to mind.

Can you provide specifics on the arrangements that have been made with LH? I am not aware of this (which is NOT to say you are wrong) and couldn't find anything via Google.
Old Jul 31, 20, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Silver, Marriot Silver Elite
FRA T2 remains closed, so there is no incentive for the contract lounge to open there. The few T2 airlines operating from T1 have made arrangements with LH to use their lounges whereever required.
There is also Priority Pass / Lounge Key Lounge at T1 which is still closed by information stated on their website.
Old Jul 31, 20, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by DC10 View Post
There is also Priority Pass / Lounge Key Lounge at T1 which is still closed by information stated on their website.
Not sure where you're hailing from but the PP lounge in T1 is pretty useless even when open. It's landside, windowless, decor looks like from the 1970 or 80s and it has got a poor F&B selection.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 20, 1:15 am

The few T2 airlines operating from T1 have made arrangements with LH to use their lounges whereever required.
So can anyone confirm this?

I've got two flights by T2 airlines out of FRA the coming week...
Old Aug 3, 20, 3:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If the airline has made arrangements, you will get a Lufthansa lounge voucher with a QR code at checkin.
Old Aug 4, 20, 2:40 am

If the airline has made arrangements, you will get a Lufthansa lounge voucher with a QR code at checkin.
That's about as cryptic as your previous post ITT.

While I usually just do the OLCI, I made a point of passing by the BA counter in FRA's T1B yesterday. They didn't give me such a voucher but just told me, "Sorry, sir, there is no lounge."
Old Aug 4, 20, 9:50 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by funkydrummer View Post
I've got two flights by T2 airlines out of FRA the coming week...
Originally Posted by funkydrummer View Post
....cryptic ....
Perhaps if you mentioned the names of the airlines you would receive more helpful reples.
Old Aug 4, 20, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Perhaps if you mentioned the names of the airlines you would receive more helpful reples.
I was trying to be concrete.

I mentioned there is currently no lounge if you're flying BA. I also mentioned to the OP that the PP lounge in T1 can be a questionable option if used as intended (as a departure lounge) because it's landside and distances in FRA can be long.

Now, oliver2002 made a comment based on which I hoped he has some insights for us. He posted

The few T2 airlines operating from T1 have made arrangements with LH to use their lounges whereever required. [my highlighting]
Thus, he stated the few airlines which temporarily have been moved from T2 to T1 have made arrangement for LH lounge access.

I then listed a number of airlines which have been moved from T2 to T1: AA, BA, DL, AY, KL, SU, EK, JL, and FI.

Now, I'm not aware that any of these airlines has made arrangements with LH to use their lounges. Again, I know BA has not. By the end of the week, I will know whether KL has (I strongly doubt it).

I guess I shouldn't have stated the claim is cryptic. More to the point, it is wrong. Certainly, the airlines moved (as in all the airlines moved) have no agreement with LH on lounge access. But perhaps a proper subset of them does.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: