FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Dispute Resolution - Tips and Tales [Consolidated]
Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:54 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Chase had originally ruled in favor of the merchant for a disputed charge over a cancelled flight. They said since the airline offered a travel credit for future travel and since it was a non-refundable ticket that I wasn't owed a refund.

I sent a follow up letter asking for them to review their decision and attached the airline's COC with a snippet of the relevant section regarding the customer being entitled to a refund for any involuntary cancellations.

Today Chase sent another letter saying they've reviewed it and they stand by their decision. What do I do now? The airline says they'll potentially send a refund when they start flying a normal amount again.

1- are you sure the Airline issued the travel credit? I say that since thats what Chase told me when in fact both Carriers didnt do so and told me they had no such vouchers. Since that 1 carrier has refunded me while the other (larger amount) has said they hope to shortly once they are flying again and I take it have a rev stream

If either you were starting or ending in the US did you file with DOT? thats what I did with both of mine and each time a person with the Carrier emailed me and that allowed me to by pass Chase and get things taken care of. IMO Chase doesnt want to deal with Refunds probably so as not to lose its commissions they earned. If your flights didnt touch US soil then it will be alot harder, but still contact the carrier and play dumb and ask them a dumb question like is the voucher you issued me only good for the routing I had booked or any routing. They will look up the res and answer you or maybe like with me tell you they never issued any voucher, in which case you will have to get back to Chase