FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - End of the Babybus and LCY-JFK
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:53 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
We are all different aren't we? I'm not sure what Meh is in English - but clearly you thought it as nothing much to write home about? I, on the other hand, adored it. It was a service which was both classy and special. I would rather spend an hour if needs be pre-clearing than doing so in the USA. JFK is vile - there is no other word. Sadly, it was obvious that the service was in its last days as already bit were being withdrawn at LCY. When I last flew from there, the Club Lounge was history. The service aboard was wonderful. The LGW crews that worked that flight loved it, and it showed. It was the last of The Good Old Days and Covid is the last nail in its coffin. I am not sad as one cannot live in the past. What I often think is that I am glad that I was able to experience it.
‘Meh’ is roughly the sound that a shoulder shrug and eyebrow-rumple makes. In France it is often accompanied by a sharpish exhale of air, similar to a ‘pfft.’

A318 was an interesting niche, but I don’t follow the comparisons to Concorde at all.