Old Jul 31, 20, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
End of the Babybus and LCY-JFK

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet ...

Old Jul 31, 20, 3:13 am
A13

Programs: BAEC Silver
Shame, have felt its days were numbered for a while, so glad i got to experience it in December last year.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 31, 20, 3:16 am

Understandable, a very, very small subfleet, the stop in Shannon, no demand (or at least a lot less) for the coming month to year. Crossrail/Elizabeth line in the near future cutting travel time to LHR. Business wise a very understandable decision.
Genius1, SxMan and Nephoi like this.
Old Jul 31, 20, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA View Post
Didn't see this posted anywhere yet ...
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32570958
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32570961
Old Jul 31, 20, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks, as usual a search and a Google didn't return those. I'm sure a mod can merge ... although it is quite newsworthy on its own.
allturnleft likes this.
Old Jul 31, 20, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Oh no. Was booked to do BA1 in April 2020 but cancelled re Covid 19. So this bucket list item will remain unfulfilled.

I was lucky enough to do the Qatar A319 all business class LHR-DOH a few times - a great experience.
Old Jul 31, 20, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Another thing to be sad about unfortunately. BA1 was my first long haul experience above W when I booked in the after the Olympics sale in 2012. Even though I have had GE for a few years now I always tried to go on it once a year.
Old Jul 31, 20, 3:33 am

Is there an opportunity for Titan Airways and their babybus?
Old Jul 31, 20, 3:34 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Sad to see this go, and was booked on BA1 in Nov. People have been saying its days were numbered for years and it still survived.
Old Jul 31, 20, 3:39 am

Such a shame but inevitable I feel. Never got chance to do it but I did have a trip booked on it in April 2021 (with the 747 upstairs coming back!) which will sadly no longer be possible! As others have said above the lack of business demand short term and longer term Crossrail bringing LHR closer to the city will erode its USP to the point where it's withdrawn now.
Old Jul 31, 20, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
That was the one BA premium experience I didn't manage to tick off. Shame it's going but completely understandable.
Old Jul 31, 20, 4:34 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Aw, I did the Babybus 2 or 3 times, but only ever outbound LCY-JFK, where the advantage was (for me), due to the SNN immigration. A good and unique experience with great LGW crew. Sorry to see it go.
Old Jul 31, 20, 4:36 am

There are rumours that AA want to move into T5 on a permanent basis. The plan is that they would use T5C with US Customs and Immigration pre clearance in T5C. This would be part of the Joint Business Agreement so BA services (at least some of them) would also get the pre clearance. IF this is more than just gossip it would be a huge step forward and a big business advantage. Who would pay for the US officials etc is a mystery so this rumour comes with a huge huge huge warning. It may also have been one of those things that was talked about and Covid kicked into touch.
Old Jul 31, 20, 4:50 am

So which JFK rotation do we think will inherit the prestigious BA 1/2 flight numbers? Is any of the LHR rotations considered more “flagship” than the others?
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 31, 20, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by hearingdouble View Post
So which JFK rotation do we think will inherit the prestigious BA 1/2 flight numbers? Is any of the LHR rotations considered more “flagship” than the others?
Perhaps the ones booked for the shortest time?

Or, if F is reduced in the future, the rotation that retains F
SxMan likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: