FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA & Airbnb
Thread: BA & Airbnb
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:52 pm
TWCLAM

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by Raffles
Back in the day, Accor paid 15% cashback on its luxury brands and it paid out a few weeks after booking, irrespective of when the stay was or if it was cancellable .....

My 1st Gold with them was, unknowingly, earnt with them that way. I got an email congratulating me and telling me when i'd get my new GC and couldn't work out how the hell i'd managed it until I looked into it - then stayed quiet about it. I requalified 6 years in a row so not sure they could ever be annoyed about it although I am, imho, rightfully( ish) p***ed that being 4 days short ( due to a forced canx coz of WuFlu) of retaining Gold they 'awarded' me Silver for an extra year. I suppose as my 1st year was their mistake I have to 'take it on the chin' when they catch up on their own mistake

For anyone who doesn't utilise Accor's scheme there is a Massive difference between S & G especially when it comes to upgrades to next tier or comp payments when they can't ( semi officially but by experience DEF applies)

Last edited by TWCLAM; Jul 30, 2020 at 4:57 pm Reason: inaccuracies corrected