FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe (Club World) BA 787-8 LHR > ZRH
Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:25 am
THEOBCMAN

Programs: BAEC Silver
Club Europe (Club World) BA 787-8 LHR > ZRH

Having not flown since Feb & air corridors were in place, a day trip LHR-ZRH on the BA 787-8 in Club Europe which of course means club World cabin was booked. Returning on same aircraft.

Arrival T5 at 0700 and terminal was moderately busy with quite a few flights on the board :

Arrived T5 at 0700. Terminal was moderately busy with quite a few flights on the board.

Check in was via First Wing, accessed by BAEC Gold :

Never queued before !!!

Have a spare £46K, this can be yours !!?!

Usual horse greeting & into the F Lounge. Food is ordered via the scan code on your table with everything being brought to your table :

Hello there - haven’t seen you in a while !

All food ordered from here.

Lovely !

Have to wash the breakfast down with a couple of these - lovely !

It was time to head to the gate. B gates today, so a quick one stop on the train :

A350-1000 on push back for TLV - what a beauty ! Flew (not this aircraft) the A350 to Madrid last year - Club Suite, definitely a business class upgrade on the seat I was flying today.

My aircraft. Boeing 787-8. G-ZBJK.

Haven’t seen this cabin for a while.

Club World cabin views :

My seat 2A.

This seat gets a lot of ’stick’ but I actually like it. Apart from staring at someone in the face (takeoff & landing) I like all aspects of the seat, very comfortable.

No IFE today.

Tray table folds out & can be halved if just for drinks.

Pushback.

The take off sensation was one I’d not felt since Feb - felt good to be back in the air !

Cruising.

Lovely day for a flight.

As expected the full service is not back yet. We received a brown paper bag containing a cheese & ham croissant, pretzels & bottle of water. Plus the beers I ordered. Was told Speedbird not available anymore - CC told me it was just a 2019 thing ?!? Ummm ... not sure about that.

On the decel into ZRH.

The green lands of Switzerland.

Arrived.

I returned on same aircraft 1.30H later. Not sure I would have taken this flight if it was the usual A320 family of aircraft. The 787 made it that extra bit special, getting CW cabin. The CC were slightly confused to see me re board but after explaining they were really interested & enthused by my own enthusiasm.

Although the future is still very much uncertain, it was great to be back in the air !!