FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes allowed?
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2020, 8:47 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by dgribbon
I've been looking at that One Free Rebooking and I'd be happy enough to postpone for a year and push it back till Nov 2021. Anyone know if they're accepting bookings that far in advance?

That rebooking offer says it's only till the end of August... is that the latest I can wait?
Nov 2021 is too far out. You can't rebook for Nov 2021 now.
I'm not updated on LX rebooking policy but I doubt that rebookings will have to be made by Aug 2020 if your flight is cancelled. It may be for the "one free (voluntary) rebooking".

Originally Posted by dgribbon
looking on ITA Matrix and Google flights, I can no longer find the exact same flight times. Can't I cancel for a refund (though I'd hate to miss that great value) when they inevitably have to email me to say there's been a change in schedule?
Sure, you will be able to cancel and get a full refund but only for significant schedule changes (> 1-2 hours). Just wait for the email - or check your reservation on LX.com. In case of insignificant schedule changes, wait for your flights to get cancelled. Most likely you will not be able to travel to HK by November.

Last edited by SK AAR; Jul 30, 2020 at 8:54 am