FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR-FRA loads
Thread: EWR-FRA loads
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2020, 5:10 pm
mrt88

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by RaSiDa
Can't tell for the EWR-FRA Flight, but I believe most LH flights these days are going at very low capacity. I believe the primary reason the airlines are flying these empty flights right now is because they can carry plenty of cargo underneath the belly. The passengers on top are just extra revenue for whomever wants to fly.

Btw, the LH flight ex-SFO has been going pretty much empty this whole time. All J, PEY, Y are well below full capacity. Have seen the PEY cabin go as low as 1 or 2 pax and Economy less than a 100 most days.
I can vouch for this, took MUC-SFO a few weeks back on LH, 23 pax on the plane. In J we were 4. There was also crew that was coming over to then fly/staff the plane back. Great usage of PP / easy to find I availability. There were more crew than pax in biz, service was awesome! Food was normal, just everything came on the tray in a go. Snacks inflight were basic, but the flight attendant was nice enough to bring me an extra dessert instead

I watched the plane getting loaded waiting in MUC, belly was fully of bulky cargo. Passenger boarding took maybe 5min