FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico refuses to refund, any guidance?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:40 am
atcanobbio

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Found something on the AM website that I don't think was there before...In the event of an involuntary change, we ask that you take the following points into consideration:
  • If your travel itinerary is affected by government travel restrictions on our flights, you will not be charged a fare difference, as long as your new flight departs within 30 days of our operations resuming.
  • Requests for refunds will be available beginning July 1, 2021.
  • The value of your electronic voucher (EMD) is equal to 115% of the value of your ticket before tax.
  • The electronic voucher (EMD) is valid for a year from the date of issue, and the trip must be completed within 330 days from the date of your reservation. Electronic vouchers do not apply for Gran Plan.
  • Passengers traveling on our Basic Fare who are affected by cancelations due to controllable factors or government travel restrictions, are eligible to rebook their flight or request a refund.
  • It is important to mention that we will not be liable for any additional costs, such as ground transportation, meals, phone calls, accommodations, and other expenses incurred by passengers affected.

None of this was offered to me when I called. I don't really want them keeping my money until Jul of 2021, but if that's the best I can do, I'd probably take that (though I would worry about their financial future) 115% Voucher was also never offered to me. But I still have a problem with their 1 year window. I'm looking at tickets I bought in like January...so really I only have another 6 months to use it, but does that 330 days refer to when I REBOOK it? Because that then does open it up to almost 2 years. Still not great/ideal, but it might be better than attempting this fight with the CTA, or at least good to know for my other tickets. I guess I'll call them back this week to really nail down the details before I file anything with the CTA.

this is a new cancellation policy that I brought up a page or two back. It only applies for tickets booked after July 1st. Anything issued before July 1st, crappy rules apply