Aeromexico refuses to refund, any guidance?

Old Mar 19, 20, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Aeromexico refund

Hello I have booked a flight from Madrid to Mexico city and Aeromexico cancelled the flight to Mexico from Spain and placed me to the next flight departing 6 hours later. (both non stop flights). Will I be able to get a full refund or I will get a voucher valid for one year?Also would should I call to make the arrangements Aeromexico or the online travel agent that I booked with?
Old Mar 19, 20, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
In principle, yes, you can get a refund. You need to contact your travel agent, not the airline. When is travel?
Often1 and gkyt like this.
Old Mar 19, 20, 6:17 am
Original Poster

It is on the 9th of April.
Old Mar 19, 20, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, Amex Plat
My experience has been that Expedia, at least, refuses to process refunds without the airline directing them to do so. So, I've been trying to contact Aeromexico to request it, but have not been able to get through on the phone, and their email based systems have been responded with nonsensical gibberish.
Old Mar 19, 20, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This one is simple. It is a departure from the EU and thus EC 261/2004 applies. If the flight is cancelled, OP may elect a refund. If the OTA refuses to process a refund, OP will need to make a perfunctory request to AM. If the refund is not issued promptly (7 days), OP can then initiate a charge back through his card issuer (bank). This will get taken care of in short order.

But, don't waste time here. Make the request(s) and then move to the chargeback.
angra and gkyt like this.
Old Mar 19, 20, 8:58 pm

Aeromexico refuses to refund, any guidance?

I have YYZ-MEX-NRT on Aeromexico. Outbound was in January, return is in April. AM has cancelled my NRT-MEX flight 2x and moved me to different dates without my assent. They have now cancelled MEX-YYZ altogether, and not rebooked me on any flight.

Others here have reported getting refund from AM, but they, so far, absolutely refuse to refund my ticket despite no longer having any flights to YYZ. Their offer is a voucher I can use by October 31 2020.

No EU involved. Does anyone know how to make a complaint to the mexico aviation authorities? I can chargeback to credit card as my final resort, but want to exhaust any other avenues first. Any ideas?
Old Mar 20, 20, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks according to your guidance I was able to get the refund. Now I want some advice on sth more complicated. I have two domestic flights in Mexico with Volaris(non cancelled) but due to the travel registrations imposed for travelling outside EU and the restrictions according to Volaris site for travellers from EU that they cannot board to their flights I wonder if I can get a refund or etc?
Old Mar 20, 20, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gkyt View Post
Thanks according to your guidance I was able to get the refund. Now I want some advice on sth more complicated. I have two domestic flights in Mexico with Volaris(non cancelled) but due to the travel registrations imposed for travelling outside EU and the restrictions according to Volaris site for travellers from EU that they cannot board to their flights I wonder if I can get a refund or etc?
That will depend on the airline’s policy. If they don’t give a refund in this situation, you’ll have to take it up with your travel insurance policy.
Old Mar 20, 20, 3:31 am

Your outbound was in January and you agreed to their changes.
Old Mar 20, 20, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you in Tokyo now and want to get back to Toronto?
Old Mar 20, 20, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Back again to the Aeromexico case, I was told by the OTA that they have sent an email to airline for full refund authorization, once we get responce, will notify you on your email accordingly. If the request is granted, we will refund your flight ticket. Should I do anything more?maybe contact the airline?
Old Mar 20, 20, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The refund has to be processed by your OTA, who holds the ticket. That's what you pay them for.
Old Mar 20, 20, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Yeah so I will wait for the refund authorization.
Old Mar 20, 20, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Mama View Post
Your outbound was in January and you agreed to their changes.
I have never agreed to any changes.
Old Mar 20, 20, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
Are you in Tokyo now and want to get back to Toronto?
no, I have left Japan and returned home via other means. I just want a refund.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: